Qualtrics engineering is actively working to resolve a Spamhaus Domain Listing of qemailserver.com that is causing an elevated number of emails to be marked as spam or being rejected by some email providers. To address this issue, Qualtrics is pursuing the following actions:
- We are working with email recipient systems and block list providers to resolve these issues. Unfortunately, Qualtrics does not have direct control over these providers and we expect deliverability to improve in the coming days.
- We are improving our detection mechanisms to prevent low-quality, unsolicited, bulk or “spam” email distributions coming from the Qualtrics platform.
- We are more aggressively disabling email functionality for customers with very low quality email lists. Customers affected by this will be notified and only re-enabled once we’ve confirmed email best practices are being followed.
- We are continuing to scale our SMTP fleet to better balance SMTP traffic to our higher reputation SMTP nodes.
In addition to the actions being taken by Qualtrics Engineering, some actions may be taken by the customer to help alleviate the email deliverability issues:
- For enterprise email systems, customers may wish to consider allow-listing the @qemailserver.com email domain.
- Email recipients may wish to review their Spam inbox and mark the message as “Not Spam” in their system.
- While bounced emails will not be resent, we recommend scheduling reminder emails once the issue has been resolved.
- Consider migrating to an External SMTP Relay. Documentation for using an External SMTP Relay can be found on our support page.
OSU IT will post updates as they become available.